Rabu, 01 Desember 2010

ANALYSIS SPOKEN DISCOURSE

After I try to observe about how many compliment that I have in 5 days, I have 3 compliments from my girlfriend and my parent. It difficult to decide what utterance to record as compliments, because sometimes we don’t know purposes compliments give for. We don’t know who giving a compliment devout or not. Sometimes if we confuse about the meaning of compliment we just say “thanks” and doesn’t think about it. Its usually call by Prescriptive discourse. Prescriptive discourse is any discourse that promotes what should be thought, spoken, or done. For example, the sentence 'your body sexy' normally expresses a certain descriptive thought (proposition, statement), namely, that that body is sexy. By way of contrast, the sentence "You have a sexy body" would normally be used to tell someone how they are, to prescribe an appearance. So prescriptive discourse is normative discourse. It is discourse about what ought to be the case rather than descriptive discourse about what is the case.
I think we have pattern in who compliments whom? For example I have much compliment from the people that have close relationship with me, for example from my girlfriend or from my parents. Occasionally if I get compliment not from my close friends or not from close relationship with me I confuse they are devout or not.
I think everyone can give or get compliment at anything. So if someone has a good appearance they will get compliment about their appearance. So I think compliment can give at anything and anytime.
Compliments recipients respond to compliments in many ways. For example if compliments recipients thinks or feel a compliment from other people devout, they will say “thanks” with devout too. But if a compliment has sounds of sarcastic they will reply by “are you serious?” so occasionally people not sure about a compliment from other people. They give compliment devout or they have hidden meaning at their compliment.
So a conclusion is occasionally we confuse about the people spoken, because we can’t see the truly meaning from their spoken, but we can observe that and find a truth. We can use discourse to observe that. We use spoken discourse to analyze this case. Discourse can analyze written and spoken.

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar